Test compatibility between 1.0 and 1.97

Aug 31, 2010 at 1:56 PM

Hello,

thank you for the excellent idea and the promissing first implementation of Oraylis BI.Quality.

UnfortunateIy, I encountered problems when reusing the tests created with the first version with the actual one. Evidently, I noticed the changed schema but still cannot imagine recreate the test suite with any framework release.

The methode used was: Record a result file, use it as the reference in the comparing assert table test. I give an exemple xml hereunder.

<QueryTest>
  <Name>ATerifficQueryTestName</Name>
  <Description>Test Cube  Name with white spaces</Description>
  <ConnectionRef>MDX-OfTheThing</ConnectionRef>
  <Query include="ATerifficQuery.mdx"/>
  <RsltFile>ATerifficQueryTest.rslt</RsltFile>
  <AssertTable include="REFERENCE_AnOLDTerifficQueryTest.rslt" />
</QueryTest>

This is not valid anymore for the actual version. It was however easily human readable.

Do I have to recreate the REFERENCE results by using XmlTableWriter/CsvTableWriter or can I reuse my recorded result files ?

Can you  recommend another specific solution?

Thank you in advance.

Daniel

Coordinator
Sep 1, 2010 at 9:15 AM

Hello Daniel,

Thank you for your post. Actually there is a compatibility issue between version 1.0.0 and 1.9.7.
We are currently working on solving this problem and plan to release a patch version as soon as possible.
As a workaround (and in general) we recommend to transform your query test definitions into the new syntax (see documentation).
Your example definition should be redefined as:

<QueryTest>
  <XmlTableReader table="refTable" file="REFERENCE_AnOLDTerifficQueryTest.rslt" />
  <Query
      table="ATerifficQuery"
      connectionref="MDX-OfTheThing"
      include="ATerifficQuery.mdx" />
  <AssertTable expectedtableref="refTable" actualtableref="ATerifficQuery" />
  <XmlTableWriter tablered="ATerifficQuery" file="ATerifficQueryTest.rslt" />
</QueryTest>

Best regards
Adrian

Sep 13, 2010 at 12:02 PM
Hello,

thank you for YOUR quick action. Please excuse my response being late.

Anyway, the day following 1.98 release, I installed tested and constated: Query Test passed, Test description passed not with the rsult file pattern.
As this is the beginning of our tests and your (new) pattern with XML and CSVFileWriter comes in pretty handy I changed the test description for all I my tests in order to go on with BI.Quality FW.

Thank you and keep going.

Daniel

On Wed, Sep 1, 2010 at 11:15 AM, apolko <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

Hello Daniel,

Thank you for your post. Actually there is a compatibility issue between version 1.0.0 and 1.9.7.
We are currently working on solving this problem and plan to release a patch version as soon as possible.
As a workaround (and in general) we recommend to transform your query test definitions into the new syntax (see documentation).
Your example definition should be redefined as:

<QueryTest>
  <XmlTableReader table="refTable" file="REFERENCE_AnOLDTerifficQueryTest.rslt" />
  <Query
      table="ATerifficQuery"
      connectionref="MDX-OfTheThing"
      include="ATerifficQuery.mdx" />
  <AssertTable expectedtableref="refTable" actualtableref="ATerifficQuery" />
  <XmlTableWriter tablered="ATerifficQuery" file="ATerifficQueryTest.rslt" />
</QueryTest>

Best regards
Adrian

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (BIQuality@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email BIQuality@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe on CodePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at CodePlex.com