This project is read-only.

Oracle connection via OLEDB

Nov 4, 2010 at 5:12 AM

Hi Oraylis,

First up - thanks very much for putting this project up - it really fills a need.  I got through the setup and created my first test project in just a few minutes (despite not being very familiar with NUnit), so you have done a great job. 

My question is about defining an Oracle connection.  I have been able to successfully define one and run a test, so it seems as simple as plugging the right OLEDB connection string in to the Connections definition? 

Am I missing something or is that it?  And by extension, does that mean you could configure Query tests for any OLEDB source (i.e. not just SQL Server or Analysis Services)?

If that's the case, it could be worth mentioning in the Codeplex project description and doco, as it would greatly increase the possible scope of your app.

Thanks again!

Mike

Nov 4, 2010 at 9:41 AM

Hi Mike,

thanks for the encouraging words to BI.Quality. If you like the product, we would appreciate a positive rating.
Coming back to your question: BI.Quality supports any Microsoft OLEDB provider. Of course we have not tested all of them.
The documentation is sketchy in some sections, but we are working on that.

Best regards,
Adrian